Thursday, February 5, 2009

Another cheer for gmail (I conceded the privacy issue long ago)

There's a very useful new tool that was just released for gmail users. If it had been available when my girls were still at the "what do you do with two napping kids in the back seat?" stage I would have been really psyched. Basically it lets you use your gmail account offline. So you can fire up your laptop anywhere, regardless of wifi and go for it. Also would be great for airplane use (though I can't foresee a flight where I'll be kicking back doing email anytime soon).

It's called Google Gears and you can find it here. It works with other web apps too.

I didn't think that site was helpful in figuring out how to actually make it work. So I just followed these instructions.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs