Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Give a gift, support my friends!

The economic downturn has me doing a turn around on my usual, buy nothing attitude for the holidays. This year I'm trying to support friends' businesses. Here are two with reasonably priced, fun stuff who also sell on the internet:

Little Miss Matched
- my friend from high school started this company about 5 years ago. He started with socks in packs of three, which are still the best all-around gift pick on the site. BUT these mismatched gloves (also in packs of three) are pretty brilliant because if you lose one, you're still good to go. And I always get compliments on them when I wear them.


Krank Press - This stuff is gorgeous letter press. And it's useful. Who doesn't need a pack of Thank You or cool novelty cards for the holidays? Also, Nor's wildlife calendars and cards are really great. We always stay with Nor when we go down to LA and I'm always wowed by her letterpress operation set up in the garage and front room of her little house. And she pulls this off on top of a demanding job in architecture.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs